Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day ~ Day for Sweethearts or not?

VALENTINE’S DAY

A DAY FOR SWEETHEARTS (self?  ~~~ other?)

When you have a couple that is made up of two people who are in love, there is a beautiful day of appreciating each other. Both people have brought their strengths and talents to the relationship and now are both 2 people and 1 couple (Fuzzy math at it’s best).
In the seemingly crazy world in which we live, Two people in love are certainly something to celebrate. What if the other, the sweetheart is missing? 

It is great to be able to share cuddling, caressing, Kissing and know that the closeness and the gestures are part of an intimate sharing.

What if a person doesn’t have someone to share being in love with.
Is it a sad day for a person who experiences Valentine day alone?

Perhaps there is no need to be sad. I will share my thoughts and my experience.

Whether I am with a person that I am in love with or by myself, the Formula is the same. I believe it is important to start significant relationships with oneself. Even the Bible quotes Jesus as saying “We must love our neighbor as we love ourselves.” As a human, I believe that I must first love myself. If I do commit to loving myself, that is the foundation for my relationship with others. Without loving myself, I have nothing to give to myself or to anyone else. 

I elaborate my thoughts in my workshop “The Bubble: an Intimate Relationship with Self.” This Workshop will be scheduled for late March or early April. This will be followed by my workshop on “The Bubble: an intimate relationship with another.”

So even if alone, Valentines Day is an opportunity to love oneself, not in a narcissistic manner but in a deep embrace of one’s self. In the deep embrace, I am finding my spiritual connection with source (God), and with others. The deep embrace of myself allows me to reconnect with my mission, with my purpose, with my why.

So from the aloneness, is seems to me that I can explore a deeper me and fall in love with myself, and Source Energy. Being in love with myself will also allow me to relate to others in a loving, caring, way. The journey into self creates the potential to connect on different, deeper levels with self and with different people.

the above article and 
“The Bubble: an Intimate Relationship with Self.”
“The Bubble: an intimate relationship with another.”
are © Ralph M. Ferraro,  2015, RmfTop@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment