Monday, February 16, 2015

Sunday Chilly morning.

Yesterday at the crack of dawn … before the sun came up …
A flash of insight came to me …

Thomas & I got on the 5:59 RR and headed into the city.

By the time we got to St Francis of Assisi, the breadline was already long.
Chris, the man in charge, told us that people had been waiting on line before 6:00.

It was Cold and windy … well below freezing.

What insight could I find while freezing my hands, head and other appendages off?


At 7:00, Thomas, I and a few other volunteers began handing out sandwiches, oatmeal and coffee to the homeless.

As I handed out the oatmeal, I realized that it was frightfully cold. The other person handing out oatmeal has several layers of gloves.

I had lost my gloves a while ago, my hands were freezing …
So was my head … Da … no hat.

The initial flash of insight that I had was that I have to find a hat and a pair of gloves.

Although I tried to procrastinate the search for a hat and gloves, Thomas insisted on my searching stores for both items. Off we went. In one store, eureka, I found a hat and a pair of gloves that fit both my large coconuts and that fit my taste in clothing.

Ah … what a difference to have a warm hat (kind of funny looking …  but warm) and a pair of good gloves.

Gloves and hat … simple … but beautiful treasures.

The second insight was even more profound for me. It touched on an area that I have been struggling with for a while. This insight, I want to share with you - be prepared – more importantly 
love others but love and take care of yourself first… 
By taking care of yourself first, you can focus better on the task at hand and have more to offer others.

More importantly it brought home a deeper lesson for my personal growth.

I have been blessed from early on with a desire to be helpful to others. Although I didn’t know it at the time, many people were mentors to me in my youth. They inspired me by their actions and somehow opened my hotline to God. This hotline was to go beyond an abstract knowing stuff about God, to directly communicating with and forming a relationship with God. So as a youth, I was dedicated to serving others and began to be open to a direct communication with God.

We all have this hotline to God; the mystics have known this for a long time. It is not in the rules and rituals, as primarily spirits, we have 24/7 access to our loving /giving source (God).

The missing piece for me was the dynamic of not offering resistance to or neglecting the financial aspect of my journey.  As I look at my career path, I am discovering not only is it important to give to others, but the first priority is to take loving care of myself. I am now beginning to realize the importance of making sure that my work generates abundant income to allow me to take good care of myself. Once I am loving and caring to myself, I can expand my mission, purpose and happiness. Expanding my mission brings not only fulfillment to ourselves but enriches everyone that I come in contact with.

So as a new chilly week dawns, I go about focusing on taking care of myself, helping others, teaching, building a business as an entrepreneur, generating great income and of course taking photos.

So  Remember
  1. Love and take good care of yourself.
  2. Find your passions and talents and radiate them (no pun intended)
  3. Allow abundance to come to you.
  4. and of course KEEP WARM  :)))

Hope you enjoyed my reflections. Keep warm !!!

If you see me in the city, don’t hesitate to say hello.

RMF








No comments:

Post a Comment