Sunday, July 14, 2019

The Wind and the Upside-down Sicilians

Humorous Toastmasters.  Wed 7/10/19

At the Humorous Toastmasters meeting, I gave a speech on My encounter with the Wind and 2 upside-down Sicilians.
It had humor and some serious thoughts as well

Have you ever had a day or a week
when the winds of change are blowing –
when you seem to be turning upside down.
Your world becomes topsy turvey.
You enter a state of Upsidedownness

I had such a week.


My sense of stability was definitely rotating.
I could feel the energy moving upside down.

I took off from work and decided to go to the North Shore.
I sat facing the water and felt the breeze on my face.
I felt the rhythm of the waves rolling in the sea.
I observed the grace of the seagulls and birds as they soared through the air.

I was in a state that one of my college professors talked about. I was being (existing), I was becoming (changing).
I was accepting of what was unfolding and
allowing this energy to unfold.

The inner voices began to appear ~ the voice of my stomach signaled “you’re getting hungry.”
My coconuts (intellectual energy) was reminding me
that Gino’s restaurant was just a few blocks down the main street.

When I arrived at Gino’s, I considered ordering a marguarita pie. I thougth a marguarita pie had little cheese and a lot of sauce. I pointed to a pie and asked “is that a marguarita pie?” The chef said no, the pie next to it is a margarita pie.” I then asked “what is the pie next to it?” That pie was covered in sauce and a lite sprinking of parmagane cheese. The chef responded that is our specialty … “an upside down Sicilian.”

I stepped back and thought … An upside down Sicilian … I had run into some upside down Sicilians … they were a little crazy but basically good people.

I’ll take two upside down Sicilians. Do you have Italian beer? The Chef’s response “… do you want a cold glass”
I said “ … brother you’re speaking my language.”

There I was in the middle of the restaurant at a round table … just me and my two upside down Sicilians with a bottle of beer.

The change indicated by the wind is not to be feared
The change will always bring us to a better place if we allow it.
If we allow our thinking to change from the negative energy 
Move out of our comfort zone 
And be alert to the positive possibilities that unfold in front of us.

The time on the bench … breathing … enjoying the wind … being open to change and the delicious upside Sicilian encounter 
Was Very relaxing.
Helped my Focus and purpose to return.
When you’re feeling upside down
I would definitely recommend engaging with the wind and enjoying an upside down Sicilian.
Not only will it help you refocus
It is refreshing.
Definitely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment