Sunday, August 19, 2018

Flat land brought to life

Do we ever walk and experience Flat Land?
Routine, bland, uneventful
Do we ever see the Gems in Flat land
that make Flat Land come  alive?





On Friday, I was walking across Manhattan 
from the east side to the west in Flat land.
I was playing with my camera, getting to know 
how it works
Definitely in Flat land
The sky was bright, definitely flat
the Blue sky was so flat it almost looked white

I stopped to rest for a few moments in a park
I watched some young people 
practicing on their skate boards
When I resumed walking I noticed a bush of flowers
The flowers on top were falling apart
On the bottom, I noticed something different
a small flower less than  4cm across

it was beautiful, radiating its beauty
It made me stop for a moment
take off my backpack
pull out my camera
and capture it’s beauty. 
it was a foreshadowing of the conversations 
with my son 
when I met him on the westside & we walked the highline 
My son took me out of my comfort zone
and challenged me to focus and 
to work with my talent to help people achieve their goals and overcome obstacles

Two beautiful events on a flat day
the radiant beauty of the tiny red flower
the joy of talking with my son and 
being  challenge to radiate my talents
in  the service of others, 
namely my work as an Emotional Energy Consultant
stay tuned for more posts on my blog

For those into photography
Flower Photo
ISO 2000 f 10 1/125
Pentax kp Sigma 17~70 @ 70mm

Sky photo
ISO 100  f 7.1  1/250
Pentax kp  Sigma 17~70 @ 26mm

No comments:

Post a Comment