Friday, August 25, 2017

4 (5) +'s and 4 -'s in the Relationship Dance



In my Relationship class this week, I shared with the group some info from the Gottman blog   (Gottman Blog 4 Horsemen) about creating or destroying relationships.

I also stressed the importance of being
playful in the dance of successful relationship.  

I found it interesting that at the beginning of the  group, the faces of the participants reflected varying emotions from disinterest to expectation about what we would discuss tonight. 

As the group  developed, I was amazed how each of the 14 participants became involved in the discussion, how they asked questions, how they laughed at some of the funny examples that I gave. The whole group was involved in the unfolding of the discussion. Interest, and humor and playfulness were part of the dynamic of our class.

No comments:

Post a Comment