Sunday, October 13, 2013

Ralph won 1st Place at the Toastmaster Area Contest



It feels good to win 1st place at the District 46 Toastmasters Area 25 Humorous Speech Contest.


My talk was titled:

"the Cat, the Sword, and the Belly: 
a Paradigm of Humor."

My colleague from the Leadership Roundtable Toastmasters Group, Gary Dumbroff, said

"I am glad that you made the time limit because not only did you entertain but you taught about key elements of humor, it is difficult to do both in seven minutes."



Aaron Brown, ACB
Area 25 Governor
District 46 2013 - 2014

Presenting me with the 1st Place Trophy

He really enjoyed my reference to the Belly part of the speech

Thanks to Gary Dumbroff (Leadership Roundtable Toastmasters Group)  for taking my photo receiving the trophy.

Although at a contest, the contestants do not get a formal evaluation, several of the Toastmasters attending were gracious enough to submit feedback and suggestions to me.

Some of the audience comments were:

"I liked the way you were able to connect with the audience. Your gestures, descriptions and examples painted a vivid picture of what you were talking about."

"You have a natural skill in telling a story."


Now, I have to continue to refine and polish my speech for the  next chapter  ...

the Division Contest which is coming up on

Wednesday, April 23rd, 2013 at 6:00 PM.

The contest will be at the NY Life Building, 153 Madison Ave, between 27th and 26th Street.

I will have to rush over from the 30th Photo Plus Expo Day of Conferences to give my speech.

Please come out to hear my speech and lend support.

I am sure you will enjoy my speech, the speeches of the other contestants and have a great chance to network with the great people that you will meet from District 46 Toastmasters.


No comments:

Post a Comment