Sunday, April 2, 2017

Photogaphy at Toastmasters Area 71 & 72 Contest at Unicef



Last Thursday I had an opportunity
To photograph an event for my Toastmaster friends.




The setting was in a very nice auditorium at the UN's UNICEF center. 

Although it was a great auditorium, the lighting was soft and irregular not great for photography. 
The lighting was truly challenging. 

My colleague Mark, at the beginning of the event spoke with me. 
He said, the lighting is not great here, but I know you'll do your magic and the photos will look great."  

It was a great evening, 



Patricia, Area Director addressing her fellow Toastmasters

It reinforced my passion for capturing people in a positive light. 

Aside from the photography, I was able to have some great interactions with my colleagues, 
Arif (international entrepreneur)(in center)
Len and Maria
Michelle, Me, Sophia and Yuen

Mark (gave great test speech for the evaluation contest), Pat (UN host and Area Director), 
Yuen (award winning speaker), and introduce Toastmasters 
to my friend Sophia (founder JBL Language Institute and LI Chinese Society), 
Lisa (interior designer) and many other fine Toastmaster colleagues. 

Technical aspects:
With my Pentax K1, Pentax lens and Pentax flash, 

Some of the winner in Area 71 & Area 72
I was able to use back button focus with 9 segment focusing, 
switch between

spot and evaluative metering, and 
effectively use sequential flash to capture a sequence. 
I was able to set the shutter speed and aperture that I wanted. 
I had my Pentax K-1 adjust the ISO. 
I loved interacting with my camera. 
It is interesting that even with a machine (camera) 
success, is in the relationship and the willingness to learn and vibrate together. 
In Zen terms, the camera and I are one.

Fashion, commercial, and advertising are not my thing. 
I am an artist. 
People photography is one of my passions. 
The others are landscape (city and country) and abstract playing with colors and patterns.

To check out my photos of the UN ~ Toastmasters event. 

I am available for events, headshots, art for office or home. 
I can offer images for phone/computer, high quality photo books, large prints.  
Call me email me or facebook message and 

I would be happy to discus your needs and how I might be of service.

No comments:

Post a Comment