Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Liquid Sunshine - Some Thoughts

Liquid Sunshine ~~~ Some thoughts

“If you know that all is well, you know all you need to know.
And if you know life is supposed to be fun,
you know more than almost anybody else knows. …”
(Abraham-Hicks, Oct 15, 1998)

It is early morning, you wake up. As you get out of bed, you glance at the clock. You realize that you woke up later than you had planned.. As you glance out the window the weather is rainy and cold. ...
 The clock tells you that you still have just enough time to make your train connection and arrive on time for your first meeting of the day. As you arrive at the parking garage for your commuter train, you discover the lot is full. You can no longer make the train that will get you to your first meeting on time. After thinking about your possibilities you realize that you have to reschedule the first appointment. On your mind is the full schedule that you have planned for the second half of the day.
Is all well? Are you having fun?
When things don’t go as we have planned. Indeed when things seem to be working against our plans, what images are stirred up? What thoughts germinate within our intellect? What feelings surround those thoughts? Is there space for the thought “… all is well?” Is there room for the feeling of “…fun?”
Initially, the thoughts that were stirred up for me were not so positive. The initial thoughts were aggravation and a few non-positive words crossed my mind. Within a few moments, I decided that the frustrations of the moment did not have to interfere with my thoughts, desire that all was well and that I was going to have fun today.
Once I arrived home, I rescheduled my morning appointment, checked out the schedule for the afternoon parking and train, and headed to the local park. By the time I got to the park, the rain had stopped. As I made my mile circuit around the pond, I noticed the array of color on the trees and on the ground. Since the sky was overcast, the colors were intense. Intense shades of yellows, greens, orange, brown, reds were erupting everywhere. Some colors were mixed on the leaves, others had a base color with rhythmic spots. Other leaves were partially decomposed, dried and dark brown on half of their surface while maintaining parts of brilliant color on the other half.  With all of this beautiful color I did not have my camera with me. I thought “oh, nuts, I should have brought my camera.” I was imaging in my head how I might capture the beauty of the leaves color. It wasn’t long before I thought even if I had my camera, it would be difficult to capture the beauty and the essence of natures color display. One single photograph wouldn’t be able to capture what I was viewing. The beauty of nature was spread out over the entire pond and park, on the water, on the grass, on the trees, on the path. It was experiential. The joy, the fun of experiencing natures beautiful display of color couldn’t be reduced to a single element and couldn’t be recombined without significantly changing what was being viewed. As I walked around the pond, all was well and I did have fun enjoying the display of nature’s colors. The tension and frustrations of the morning’s misconnections were dissolved. My mind and spirit were fresh and invigorated and up for the challenges of the afternoon appointments. If I had stayed with the initial frustration mind set that had started my day, the day would have seemed to be messed up. In fact however the only thing that would have been out of balance would have been my mind set and led me to more frustration and a chain of events that would have contributed to an awful day. By consciously focusing on the way I wanted to create my day, I was able to enjoy nature’s wonderland, reframe the focus of my day and have a very productive afternoon. As Abraham said, “… all is well … life … is fun.” All is well and life is fun because it is within our power to use intellectual energy and emotional energy to change negative energy into positive energy. We can create a positive physical experience even when the physical dimension is showing us obstacles

No comments:

Post a Comment