Sunday, January 28, 2018

2018 ~ The Jeepney Rolls

Photo and essay copyrighted R.Ferraro 2018

A jeepney is an extended WWII Jeep that can easily hold 20 people or more inside ~ usually another 4 or 5 standing on the back step plate holding onto the roof

This Jeepney is in motion ... 
at the start of 2018, a lot is in motion.


I am not talking about the craziness of the world ... I am talking about paths opening up in my life,
More on this next weekend ... 
stay tuned

The image of the jeepney was a photo that I took last week in the PHilippines. I traveled there with my son, to take photos of my neice’s wedding. 

the journey lasted five days, not including transport. 

During those 5 days, I was not only enjoying contact with family, but also learning about my camera system and the art of photography and taking photos of everything that struck me as beautiful in some way.

Thomas & I were there to share joy with the family.

Reflecting on the event, I was very active with my camera 
The energy of the people in the street, at the wedding, butterflies, abstract color patterns, traffic ...

In talking with my son, several factors stood out
1. aside from being a Tito (Uncle), I was definitely identified and recognized as a professional photographer
2. At the same time I was invisible ~ non-intrusive as a photographer

Although my niece had hired local photographers as well. I was not questioned as to my being an artist, a photographer ...

We respected each other’s space, yet I was assertive in obtaining the photos that I wanted to take.

I am appreciative of the fact that as I did the initial review of my photos that I was able to capture beautiful emotional energy of the wedding and our five day travels and adventures

As all things that are valuable, The photography was relational and a positive exchange of emotional energy between me and all who we encountered

My niece and her new husband were inspired by Thomas and I traveling to the Philippines to share in the beauty of their wedding. They are now planning a trip to New York 

Momma Mia, and this is just the beginning of 2018 ... what else could it be ... 

the year of the Dog of course
Ruff, ruff


No comments:

Post a Comment