Monday, June 15, 2015

The Gift of the Dancing Butterfly

My friends Dr Magdy, and Dr Nora  invited me
to the concert by their son Amir
at bandshell on LI.
 Dr. Miriam, Dr. Nora's sister joined us.
'bout 10 musicians and lead singer

Felt so good
to hear beauty of their music,


be with my friends and
honor their son’s performance.
(Amir isthe guitarist on the Right - just above Hope)

All of us were trying to capture Amir'sperformance
as a photo or a video.

Suddenly 

Movement 
in the grass
10 meters from us.
Crowd reacting …
not sure how to engage
Moving object came close
Hard to see in the dark


(Dr.s' Magdy and Nora enjoying  their son's Performance)

Was it a butterfly?

Quick movement
Non stop
Dropped my bag
Reached for my flash
And M-1
Flash flash
Got ya
An image ~ mirror of your beauty
Thank you beautiful Butterfly
For sharing your color, patterns, texture
Your quick movement,
Seconds to engage
reminds me of
Horace’s poetry
“Carpe  Diem[i][ii]
“Seize the day …”
not reaching for my camera and flash
Missing your beauty
Tragically I would have lost you and
the joy as you revealed your beauty

Triply blessed
Amir and his bands’ music
Being with ~ sharing with close friends
Gift of the dancing butterfly





[i] Carpe Diem … Seize the Day – live fully today, because tomorrow is uncertain … if we combine this with quantum psychology , now is the reality, tomorrow is uncertain but shaped by our thoughts and feelings today
[ii] Quantum Psychology is the term that I give to Pscyhology that I teach that operates on a thinking energy and a feeling energy level.

No comments:

Post a Comment