Saturday, March 21, 2015

Resistance to the flow of money …

Pondering the first question: 
Resistance to the flow of money …

The class’s answer to the first question was almost universally “what … I don’t know.” They know that they want money but they haven’t been able to make a connection between career and life style. They equate career with a job. No one helped them think of career as mission or purpose for their life. 
They see career as clocking in, clocking out and 
picking up a paycheck.

I remember that when I graduated college with a BA degree in liberal arts,
a lot of money was being offered for college grads to go into teaching. Many of the people my age went into public school teaching. Teaching offered good salaries, pension and other benefits. Perhaps that is part of the reason we have an education problem today, many chose teaching because of the money and benefits. They did not have the passion for teaching in their belly. This in my opinion leads to people performing a function that they are neither interested in, nor talented at. 

My question is that when we are not passionately devoted to what we are doing for most of the day, do we really want to live as a zombie, i.e. the life of a person who is not living to their full abilities? Do we want to live in a zone of surviving, not enjoying, not prospering, not making the world a better place?

Shifting to my own experience with the flow of money, I was both blessed and challenged. One area in which I was blessed was that my parents took care of the physical needs of myself, my brother and my sister. My father frequently worked multiple jobs until he got a professional management job with the government. 
Once he was established in his federal management job, 
he was well respected at his work. 
Many of my classmates who he helped get good jobs loved him. He was also talented at home repairs and construction. When I asked him if we could start a family business, he said no. 
He was afraid that he didn’t have the knowledge to do so. His fear was interesting since he had taught himself how to fix plumbing, electrical issues and build closets on his own.  

Despite having success in his management work, there were disconnections within the rest of our family life. Emotionally my dad and mom were disconnected. They tried their best, but there was an emotional disconnect. 
This disconnect leaked into the areas of our lives. 
Disconnection in relationship seems to be a factor in a disharmonious relationship with money. 
From what I can observe, it is possible to have a great deal of money, not be happy and not have blissful relationships. Somehow the emotional disconnections within my family, complicated my development of relationships with people and with money.

The challenge concerning the flow of money for me, was that I did not learn about the flow of money.  My well-meaning parents insulated me from money issues.

Now many decades later I am beginning to learn about the flow of money. I am beginning to allow into my awareness how I might be resisting the flow of money.

I know I don’t want to follow in the footsteps of 
  1. those who deify money, 
  2. those who use money as the primary criteria for success. 
  3. I don’t want to follow those who network to build financial success without caring about the more important elements of relationship. 
  4. I don’t want to build a network by referring my contacts to other professionals unless I can personally trust them.
Anyone that I build a relationship with and allow into my network, Will have to be in touch with their inner talents, 
willing to take risks and will have to put the clients needs first and be dedicated to giving the client the best product or service.



To develop a sense of the flow of money, 
I have to begin by looking inside myself. 
I have found that I have been blessed with a talent for helping people to heal, for linking people to Source Energy (God) and a talent for capturing the emotional energy of people, nature, and colors. 
So I chose to not resist my talents. 
I will pursue my talents with passion. 
I have the faith that the money will come

What resistance to the flow of money, to the flow of relationship do you experience?
How easy or hard are you finding it to balance the flow of money and relationship?
What questions do you have about the flow of money?

In the next blog post I will talk about finding my passions and talents, and the journey to allow them to bloom.



No comments:

Post a Comment